Pixar Superstar Race-o-Rama is a Pixar racing videogame for PS3, PS4, PS5, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Party Mode. The Console version is made by the same development team who made Cars 3: Driven To Win.
- 1 Gameplay
- 2 Playable Characters
- 3 Customizations
- 4 Character Unlocking Criteria
- 5 Tracks and Cups
- 6 Battle Arenas
- 7 Powerups:
- 8 Trivia
- 9 List of Goods for Party Mode
- 10 Voice cast
- 11 Trophies/Achievements
Gameplay is like the Cars 2 and Cars 3: Driven to Win videogames, but all the tracks and arenas have 12 racers.
This page showcases the characters and the karts they drive. Italic means that character is unlockable.
Toy Story series:
The Toy Story characters drive remote control cars. Woody, Buzz, Bo Peep, Babyface, and Little Green Alien drive their cars from Toy Story Racer. Jessie drives a car designed like Slinky's, but in the colours of Bullseye. Forky drives a car designed like Lenny's, but in white and red, with glitter and rainbow stickers on it. Zurg drives his car from the PS3 version of Toy Story 3: The Video Game. Also, Bo Peep is in her design from Toy Story 4. R.C. and Duke Caboom are exceptions - Duke rides his motorbike, and R.C. races as himself.
- Bo Peep
- Little Green Alien
- Duke Caboom
A Bug's Life:
The A Bug's Life characters drive karts in the design of the Streetle from Mario Kart 8 & Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, but in that character's color, and with the Leaf Tires that change colour also, but without the Animal Crossing Leaf on the hubcap.
- Flik - a Streetle in the colours of Dim, the Rhino Beetle, with green Leaf Tires.
- Atta - a Streetle in purple, with blue Leaf Tires
- Dot - a Streetle in pink, with it's wings with a Blueberry Scout bandanna pattern and purple Leaf Tires.
The Monsters Inc Characters drive karts similar to Mike's car from the short 'Mike's New Car', but in different color schemes; Blue with purple spots for Sulley, yellow [like in the short film] for Mike, and purple for Randall, respectively. Also, all the characters are in their looks from Monsters University.
The Finding Nemo characters drive fish-tank submarine karts. Nemo's is the colour of a clownfish [orange and white], Marlin's is in the colour of his anemone, and Dory's is in her colours, respectively.
- Mr Incredible: He drives a kart resembling the Incredicar
- Elastigirl: She drives her Elasticycle from Incredibles 2. also, she is in her Devtech Costume.
- Frozone: he drives a ice blue quad bike
- Syndrome: a kart that resembles a 4 legged Omnidroid with his Syndrome 'S' on the front
The Cars characters race as themselves.
- Lightning McQueen
- Finn McMissile
- Holley Shiftwell
- Cruz Ramirez
- Miss Fritter
- Jackson Storm
- Remy: he drives Rizzo's Cheese Kart from Muppet Race Mania.
- WALL-E: WALL-E drives a yellow space saucer kart with painted rust marks and has the E dot on the front
- Carl Fredricksen: A kart designed like a zeppelin with wheels.
- Merida: She drives a Daytripper kart in the colours of her gown and the wisps.
- Joy: She drives Bing Bong's Rocket Kart.
The Good Dinosaur:
- Arlo: He drives a kart resembling Dino's kart from The Flintstones: Bedrock Racing, but in Arlo's skin colour.
- Héctor: He drives a steam-train kart in his colours, with Day of the Dead patterns on it.
- Ernesto de la Cruz: A white dragster kart with 'Remember Me' on the sides.
- Ian & Barley Lightfoot: They drive Barley's van, Guinevere.
- Pizza Planet Delivery Driver: He drives a Kart designed like a Pizza Planet Truck.
These Characters are exclusive to different versions of the game.
- Mii [Switch only]: The Super Zoomer from SAARST Wii U/3DS [in the chosen Mii's colour]
- Avatar [Xbox systems only]: Ava-car 720 from SAASRT Xbox 360.
- Banjo & Kazooie [Xbox systems only]: Bolt Bucket from SASASR Xbox 360.
- Sackboy [PS3, PS4, and PS5 only]: His Paper Arrow kart from LittleBigPlanet Karting.
Similar to Cars 3: Driven to Win, the cars' underlights, boost effects, and horns can be customized, with the added addition of customizing the 'In The Zone' boost auras. The effect sets from Cars 3: Driven to Win return, and can be unlocked via a save to Cars 3: Driven to Win, or unlocked via completing Star Achievements.
|Blue Effects Set|
|Yellow Effects Set|
|Pink/Magenta Effects Set|
|Green Effects Set|
|Purple Effects Set|
|Rainbow Effects Set|
|Lightning Effects Set|
|Extreme Heat Effects Set|
|Toy Story Effects Set|
|Ant Island Effects Set|
|Monster Effects Set|
|Underwater Effects Set|
|Super Effects Set|
|Paris Effects Set|
|WALL-E Effects Set|
|Paradise Falls Effects Set|
|Mor'du Effects Set|
|Imagination Land Effects Set|
|Dinosaur Effects Set|
|Land of the Dead Effects Set|
|Onward Effects Set|
|Soul Effects Set|
|Knick Knack's Holly Jolly Effects Set|
|Ghostlight Effects Set|
|Sanjay's Super Team Effects Set|
|Pizza Planet Effects Set|
|Luxo's SuperStar Effects Set|
Character Unlocking Criteria
If you meet the criteria required to unlock a character [with the exceptions of the Miis on Switch and the Avatars on the Xbox systems], they will challenge you to a 3 lap one-on-one race on a track from the film series they're from. Beat the challenge, and you'll earn them onto the roster. If you fail, you can play the challenge race again by completing any Single Player Race event.
|Character||How to Unlock||Track you challenge him/her on|
|Little Green Alien|
|Finn McMissile||Tokyo Airport Runway Rally|
|Carl Fredricksen||Paradise Falls Skyway|
|Ernesto de la Cruz|
|Ian and Barley Lightfoot||New Mushroomton Circuit|
|Pizza Planet Delivery Driver||Luxo's Ultimate Speedway|
|Character||Console they're exclusive to||How to unlock||Track you challenge them on|
|Banjo & Kazooie||Xbox 360 & Xbox One||Jiggoseum|
|Sackboy||PS3/PS4/PS5||LBP Gardens Raceway|
Tracks and Cups
- Woody's Roundup Raceway [Toy Story]
- Ant Island Circuit [A Bug's Life]
- Great Barrier Reef [Finding Nemo]
- Radiator Springs [Cars]
- Scare Island Tour [Monsters Inc]
- Castle Dunbroch [Brave]
- Axiom Deck [WALL-E]
- Remy's Dreams of Food [Ratatouille]
- Imagination Land [Inside Out]
- Door Vault [Monsters Inc]
- New Urbem Circuit [The Incredibles]
- Paradise Falls Skyway [Up]
- Bug City Streets [A Bugs Life]
- Dirty Dish Fright [Ratatouille]
- Nomanisan Island [The Incredibles]
- Polluted Earth [WALL-E]
- Al's Toy Barn [Toy Story]
- Frozen Loch [Brave]
- Professor Z's Oil Rig Run [Cars]
- Morro Bay Tour [Finding Nemo]
- Clawtooth Mountain [The Good Dinosaur]
- Dream Productions [Inside Out]
- The Underminer's Robot Factory [The Incredibles]
- Bewitched Bonnie's Room [Toy Story]
- Mabel's Farm Circuit [Ratatouille]
- Thomasville Midnight Run [Cars]
- Bruce's Submarine [Finding Nemo]
- Mor'du's Ruined Kingdom [Brave]
Knick Knack Cup:
- Metroville Rooftops [The Incredibles]
- Tokyo Airport Runway Rally [Cars]
- Grand Basin Carnival [Toy Story]
- World of Short Films [Pixar Superstar Race-o-Rama]
- Monsters University [Monsters University]
- Land of the Dead [Coco]
- New Mushroomton Circuit [Onward]
- Sid's Haunted House [Toy Story]
- Luxo's Ultimate Speedway [Pixar Superstar Race-o-Rama]
- Musical Mindscape [Inside Out]
- Axiom Trash Dump [WALL-E]
- Riverbed Canyon [A Bugs' Life]
- Thunder Hollow Demolition Derby [Cars]
- Andy's House [Toy Story; from Toy Story Racer]
- Wuhu Island Loop [Switch and 3DS only]
- LBP Gardens Raceway [PS3 & PS4 only]
- Jiggoseum [Xbox 360 & Xbox One only]
- Pizza Planet Arcade [from Toy Story Racer]
- P.T. Flea's Circus Ring
- Monsters University Campus
- Dr Sherman's Fish Tank
- Nomanisan Arena
- Thunder Hollow Demolition Arena
- Kitchen Chaos Arena
- Axiom Lido Deck
- Jangles' Arena of Nightmares
- Arena of Pixar Shorts
- Wuhu Town [Switch only]
- King's Castle Arena [PS3, PS4 & PS5 only]
- Nutty Acres [Xbox systems only]
Italic means you sometimes get 3 of these at a time.
- Battery Boost: This battery gives you... a boost! Though not as fast as a boost from the turbo meter, it could make all the difference!
- Luxo Ball: This iconic Pixar Ball is now a weapon! It bounces down the track and spins out anyone it hits.
- Homing Berries: When fired, these purple berries automatically seek out the closest racer, and spins them out.
- First-Strike Missile: Same as in Cars 3: Driven to Win.
- Scream Canister: A scream canister will zoom off in a straight line, spinning out anyone it hits.
- Ice Arrows*: This fires out ice arrows at your opponents to slow them down! Hit one racer with all 3 to freeze them!
- Explosive Cube: this acts like the Bombs from Cars 3: Driven to Win.
- Oil Slick: Same function as in Cars 2, the Videogame and Cars 3: Driven to Win.
- Violet's Force Field: This force field bubble protects you from all hits [except falling off] for 12 seconds.
- Bubble: These bubbles blow from behind you. Anyone who runs into them will be trapped and hovering helplessly for a few seconds. If you get stuck in one, press the accelerate button to make it pop and free yourself!
- Primordial Ooze: This splats Primordial Ooze on all racers in front of you, blocking their vision.
- Fake Item Box: These look like real Item Boxes but they send anyone who runs into them into a tumbling crash.
- Glow Urchin: Glow Urchins fly out and hit all racers, except for the user, bloating them up and slowing them down for a while.
*-The Ice Arrows get 3 lots of 3 at a time.
- The Music in the Al's Toy Barn track is the same music from it's level version in the PS1 game Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue, except it's sped up a bit.
- Also, the Pizza Planet Arcade Arena is the same one from Toy Story Racer, but remastered.
- The Music in the A Bugs Life tracks Ant Island Circuit, Riverbed Canyon and The City uses the Anthill, Riverbed Canyon, and City Entrance music from the PS1 game for those respective tracks. The P.T. Flea's Circus Ring Arena uses the Credits/Bonus Levels music from that game also.
- The Cars tracks and arena are based on Radiator Sprint, Oil Rig Run, Midnight Run, the Thunder Hollow Tracks, and Runway Tour/Airport Runway Rally from Cars 2: The Video Game, and Cars 3: Driven to Win, respectively.
- The Bewitched Bonnie's Room track is based on the Bonnie's House level from the PS3, Xbox360 and Wii version of the Toy Story 3 videogame. Also, it is designed like Mario Kart 8's Mount Wario track, where you have to get from the bewitched room to the top of the rocket.
- Most of the Monsters Inc track Door Vault uses smilar layout to the 'Monsters Mayhem' track from the Toy Box Speedway from Disney Infinity 3.0.
- EVE from WALL-E has the role of flagman, like NiGHTS from Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing.
- Dim the Rhino beetle from A Bug's Life plays the role of Lakitu from the MarioKart games.
List of Goods for Party Mode
- Certificate 1: Hudson Hornet (Drift 5000 meters in total)
- Certificate 2: Driven to Win (Win All Cups]
- Accessory: Luxo Lamp Hat (Unlock all characters)
|Buzz Lightyear||Tim Allen|
|Bo Peep||Annie Potts|
|The Little Green Aliens and Little Green Alien Racer||Jeff Pidgeon|
|Duke Caboom||Keanu Reeves|
|Mr. Incredible||Richard McGonagle|
|Mrs. Incredible||Holly Hunter|
|Frozone||Samuel L. Jackson|
|Lightning McQueen||Keith Ferguson|
|Mater||Larry the Cable Guy|
|Holley Shiftwell||Emily Mortimer|
|Finn McMissile||Martin Jarvis|
|Cruz Ramirez||Cristela Alonzo|
|Miss Fritter||Lea DeLaria|
|Jackson Storm||Armie Hammer|
|Carl Fredricksen||Edward Asner|
|Héctor||Gael García Bernal|
|Ernesto de la Cruz||Benjamin Bratt|
|Ian Lightfoot||Tom Holland|
|Barley Lightfoot||Chris Pratt|
|Pizza Planet Delivery Driver||Dee Bradley Baker|
For Full details, head to List of Pixar Superstar Race-o-rama Trophies